FREE shipping with orders $99 or more!
Molded Urethane Flexible Backing Plate for Dual Action Polishers
- Select Options to see Availability
The Molded Urethane Flexible Backing Plate is made with injection molded urethane, a strong fiberglass base, and an aluminum stabilization disc for rugged dependability on extended polishing jobs.
Use This To:
- Cut through thick oxidation
- Refine away light scratches
- Spread wax and sealant without breaking a sweat
- Scrub deep stains out of carpet
- Securely grab ahold of DA hook & loop accessories
Secure Hold for Any Job
Back up your favorite buffing and polishing pads for any compounding, finishing, scrubbing, and spreading jobs. Cut through thick oxidation and deep defects with a cutting pad and heavy compounding polish. Refine away light scratches and restore glossy shine with a finishing polish and soft polishing pad. Slap on an extra soft finishing pad to spread wax and sealant without breaking a sweat.
3 Sizes to Cover Your Whole Car
This backing plate attaches to any dual action polisher that uses 5/16” spindle thread accessories and the hook and loop backing system. Choose the 3.5” Backing Plate for polishing and detailing in compact spots. Choose the 6” for any extra-large detailing job, or the 5” for the perfect balance of coverage and focused cutting power.
How to Change Backing Plate:
- Insert DA polisher wrench between the counterweight housing and backing plate.
- Hold the spindle with the wrench and unscrew the backing plate by hand.
- Line up the backing plate spindle thread and screw directly into the DA spindle.
- Make sure the included washer stays in place around the backing plate threads.
- Continue counter-holding the DA spindle with the wrench and screw backing plate in tightly by hand.
- Test fitment by turning machine by hand and make necessary adjustments if machine binds up.