The TORQ22D Backing Plates are tailor made for the extra-long throw TORQ 22D and use a unique design for enhanced longevity, durability, and performance on any polishing and scrubbing detailing job.
Use This To:
- Switch between 5" & 6" pads without voiding warranty
- Squeeze into tight areas with low profile design
- Pull out deep dirt and stains in upholstery
- Funnel fresh air in to cool the pad & machine
- Remove scratches & enhance gloss on all paintwork
- Compatible with TORQ 15DA polisher
Innovative Backing Plate Design
TORQ22D backing plates uses rugged synthetic materials for superior heat resistance and durability over extended polishing jobs. Bi-directional cooling channels funnel fresh air in to cool the buffing pad, backing plate, and machine polisher with every spin around the 22D machine. Dispersing heat from polishing extends the lifespan of buffing pads, backing plates, and the machine polisher itself.
Superior Engineering For Ultimate Versatility
The 22D makes short work of polishing paint, metal, optical plastic, and glass, but it can also scrub carpets, upholstery, and even restore headlights. Polishing large, flat panels like roofs, hoods, and doors is made easy with the 6’’ backing plate, but smaller and more contoured spots are easier to polish with the 5’’. Simply use the included hex key to swap backing plates to handle any job!
How to Change Backing Plate:
- Unplug the TORQ 22D Random Orbital Polisher and turn the machine over and lay on a flat, stable surface.
- Counter-hold the backing plate attached to the machine, and unscrew the center hex-bolt with included TORQ Hex Key Tool.
- Replace with desired 22D Backing Plate. Line up backing plate fitment tab on spindle thread housing and insert hex-bolt.
- Line up backing plate fitment tab on spindle thread housing and insert hex-bolt.
- Counter-hold the newly-installed backing plate, then screw the center hex-bolt in with included TORQ Hex Key Tool.
- UPC: 811339025875
- Product Features: Compatible with TORQ 22D & TORQ 15DA
- Weight: 0.3 lbs
- Size: 6 inch