Chemical Guy's full Privacy Statement contains more information about privacy practices.
Responsible Chemical Guys entity
Chemical Guys is the controller of your Personal Data and is responsible for its processing unless expressly specified otherwise in our full Privacy Statement. For the avoidance of doubt, our Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor on behalf of our customers. A reference to “Chemical Guys,” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to chemicalguys.com, and the relevant affiliate involved in the processing activity. The office locations where chemicalguys.com is located can be found here. Please see the "Contacting us" section, below, for our contact information and the contact information of our data protection officer.
The purpose for which we process Personal Data
We collect and process Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
The processing of your name and contact information to provide you with information about our products, manage your registration for and attendance at our events and webinars or for office visits, manage your registration for contests or promotions, provide you with customer support or otherwise communicate with you;
The processing of device and usage data to develop, improve, manage and customize our websites and services, to assess and improve the related user experience, to identify customer opportunities and to guarantee our websites’ and services' security and continued proper functioning;
The processing of your billing information to complete transactions with you when you purchase our products or services;
To provide you with the necessary functionalities required during your use of our websites and services, and to review capacity requirements and compliance with the applicable usage terms;
To help keep track of items you put into your shopping cart including when you have abandoned your cart and this information is used to determine when to send cart reminder messages via SMS;
To display personalized advertisements to you and to send to you marketing communications about us, our products and our services; and
To comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and cooperate with public and government authorities.
For the full list of purposes for which we Process your Personal Data, please see the full Privacy Statement
We only collect and process your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary for fulfilling these purposes and where we can rely on a legal basis for such processing as set out in our full Privacy Statement. Where required, we will ask you for your prior consent to the processing.
Please review the "What Personal Data do we collect?" and "Purposes for which we process Personal Data and the legal bases on which we rely" sections in our full Privacy Statement for further details. Also, please review the "How long do we keep your Personal Data?" section to learn how long we store your Personal Data.
Who do we share Personal Data with?
We may share Personal Data with various parties, including:
- Our contracted service providers that process Personal Data on our behalf for IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support, and data enrichment;
- Affiliates within our current or future corporate group that process Personal Data for customer support, marketing, event management, technical operations, and account management;
- If you are using our services as an authorized user, with the Chemical Guys customer responsible for your access to the services for verifying your account, investigating suspicious activity and reviewing compliance our usage terms and policies;
- Sponsors of events, webinar or contests for which you register;
- Third-party social media and advertising networks, which usually act as separate controllers, so that we can advertise on their platforms;
- Specifically in relation to our AppExchange website, with our third-party partners who may contact you regarding their products or services;
- In individual instances, professional advisers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services, or if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, asset sale or business combination; and
- Public and government authorities, to the extent we are compelled to disclose Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
International transfer of Personal Data
To facilitate our business practices, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). As described in the "International transfer of Personal Data" section of our full Privacy Statement, we have implemented safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR).
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record-keeping.
You can also submit a form to exercise your rights about personal information by clicking here.
Your rights relating to your Personal Data
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or in our services; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
For more details on your rights and choices and how to exercise them, please review the "Your rights relating to your Personal Data" section in our full Privacy Statement.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Third-party advertising companies
We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our website or application. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites or applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by these third party companies. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://www.networkadvertising.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. Contact Us.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our terms-and-conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.