This backing plate is designed to replace the original backing plate for the Flex XC 3401 VRG. It allows you to use 5 inch and 5.5 inch pads with your Flex polisher. Designed by Flex specially for this polisher, the 4 inch backing plate features a "gear-driven" design that delivers a true dual-action motion. The OEM Flex backing plate is designed to reduce vibration while providing even motion and buffing. This backing plate is made of durable molded plastic with a urethane pad to dampen vibration and heat. Hook and loop fasteners cover the bottom of the plate from edge to edge.
1. Hold down the black locking button on the top of your Flex machine to prevent the backing plate from spinning.
2. Once locked, loosen and remove the screw.
3. Lift the backing plate up, away from the gears.
4. Set the new backing plate in, making sure it is properly lined up with the vertical slot in the backing plate.
5. Lightly tighten the screw.
6. Push down the black locking clip again and tighten the screw.
*Feel free to email or call us at 310.674.8135 or 310.678.2838
*Come to one of our showrooms and talk with a knowledgeable product specialists
*Watch any of our highly informative "How to" videos on YouTube
*Take one of DIY or Smart Detailing University Classes about "How to Detail"
*Get social with us on Facebook